2 cups wholemeal plain flour,
½ teaspoon salt,
1 teaspoon baking powder,
15g/1 tablespoon butter,
½ cup medjool dates, chopped into 1-2cm pieces,
3 x level scoops of Beta A2 Nutritional Toddler Milk Powder,
150ml lukewarm pre boiled water.
1. Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in dates. Create a well in the middle of mix.
3. Mix together Beta A2 Nutritional Toddler Milk Powder, water and egg in a jug then pour into the well. Mix all ingredients together until just combined. (Save a little of the powder, water and egg mixture to brush the top of the scones at the end).
4. Knead dough for about a minute. Roll out dough until about 3cm thick. Lightly flour and with a round glass, cut scone circles from dough.
5. Repeat till all dough is used.
6. Place all cut circles close together on tray and lightly brush with Beta A2 Toddler Milk. Bake for approximately 10-15 mins or until tops are golden.
7. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy warm, or cool completely and store for a great snack anytime.