2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup medjool dates, chopped into 1-2cm pieces
150ml Farmers Beta A2 Toddler Milk (made as per instructions on the tin)
1. Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until
it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in dates. Create a well in the middle of mix.
3. Mix together milk and egg in a jug then pour into the well. Mix all ingredients
together until just combined.
4. Knead dough for about a minute. Roll out dough until about 3cm thick.
Lightly flour and with a round glass, cut scone circles from dough.
5. Repeat till all dough is used.
6. Place all cut circles close together on tray and lightly brush with Farmers Beta A2
Toddler milk. Bake for approximately 10-15 mins or until tops are golden.
7. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy warm, or cool completely and store for
a great snack anytime.
Please take a moment to read these important messages:
❯ The World Health Organisation recommends that breastfeeding is best for your baby.
❯ Good maternal nutrition is important while breastfeeding. If you are considering bottle-feeding, please seek professional advice as introducing partial or exclusive feeding may impact your supply of breast milk, making it difﬁcult to reverse.
❯ It is sensible to consider the cost of infant formula when making this decision.
❯ When preparing your infant’s formula it is vital to follow our preparation and feeding instructions, as this will ensure your baby’s health.